Monday, July 16, 2012

Sibu Food Diva And Sterling Silver Jewelry Blog

My little silver jewelry blog is up! :)

It is a one woman show.

From photographing to blogging, measuring, etc.

It takes approximately a week to finalize a post.

(Not as easy as my food blog :P)

Sterling Silver Jewelry Blog at Silver Fetish

The jewelry business is a hand-me-down business all the way from my great great grandfather.

Doppio great. As in doppio espresso.

My ancestors were goldsmiths. They stopped producing gold jewelries during Japanese occupation, roughly 1942 - 1945. If it serves my memory right.

They went to villages to exchange gold with tapioca / sweet potatoes with the indigenous people.

After the war, they were broke. 

They ventured into silver jewelry instead, and also selling bits and pieces of buttons, zips, fabric and some antiques my great grandfather and grandfather sourced from the Dayaks.

Today, my parents are still running the show.

The shop is called Thian Hua, in Sibu.

And I am also, continuing the legacy.

I guess this is a better option for me to earn some money rather than having a 9 to 5 job since my health condition is not rather convincing. Period. For a 9 to 5 job. 

Feel free to browse :) 












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your venture...and in your blog. I thought I've seen it before... Can't remember where or when now.

Simple Person said...

Those silver design looks very nice.. I like the bone earning nice...
Hope you feel better..

The Yum List said...

Ooh, those fishbone earrings look very nice.

sibu food diva said...

thank you, suituapui. :) the blog has always been in my blog list, was dormant some time ago. :P

mr simple: thank you! :) am getting better albeit still rather hyper.

the yum list: thank you, yum yum :)

Elf Jewellery said...

Myself too loved the fish bone ear rings. All the best for future. sterling silver jewelry