Friday, February 26, 2010

Borneo Seafood at 101 Kuching


I 've always bragged about how I am surrounded by glorious food. Ah yes :)

This lovely seafood joint is located at 101 Kuching, somewhere near Choice Premier, or rather, behind Choice Premier.

If you're short of cash anyhow, this stall actually accepts plastic!

They accept both MasterCard and Visa. :)



To my blog readers who are not local, this is a type of edible fern, found in Sarawak.

It tastes good even with just garlic and a dash of Chinese wine.

The fern is known as Midin among us locals.

Texture wise, the fern is crunchy to bite.


Sambal sotong (calamari stir-fried witha medley of spices, consisting of ground shallots, chili, dried shrimps)

Thumbs up for the sambal sotong here, not overly cooked and is just al dente!



Steamed prawns and fish fillet with Chinese rice wine. The ultimate star of the mo.

I had this dish two times in a week, the latter, additional fish maw is added in there too.

Heavenly.

If you're still in the dark where this place is, give me a buzz and buy me dinner as well ;P


8 comments:

sibu food diva said...

ok, i will try :) thanks for reading my blog, i have been very busy studying, so not much time for me to post up regularly :)

Deepak Acharya said...

It is something new to me :)

sibu food diva said...

thanks for dropping by, Deepak :) indeed, it is something new to you, and a lot of things new to me as well. I try to show you as much as possible the world that I'm living in. :)

Anonymous said...

Beyond any doubt blog with usable informations.

sibu food diva said...

thank you anonymous :)

Norman Rentap said...

Will be at kuching this coming thursday to celebrate xmas..Is there any particular place that serve a good prawn dishes?

Norman Rentap said...

Will be at kuching this coming thursday to celebrate xmas..Is there any particular place that serve a good prawn dishes?

sibu food diva said...

Sorry I saw ur comment a bit late, Internet line was really bad. Rock Road Seafood has got nice prawns as well