Thursday, March 05, 2015

Baaji's 1 Mont Kiara

Do you know that there is a small middle eastern willy wonkish shop tucked in 1 Mont Kiara? 

It is small and quiet and maybe not many people are aware of this shop.

It is located on the first floor of 1MK mall, not very hard to find. 

They have small pretty little baklavas in various shapes and sizes, stuffed dates, nougats, date vinegar, oh. I cannot remember what else.

But one thing that is a must for me to bring back to Sibu (because baklavas are dainty) is the almond dragees. 

Baaji's 1 Mont Kiara Mall

Baaji's 1 Mont Kiara Mall
 Don't let the colours fool you.

They are so delicious, they are out of the world!

Another term for almond dragees is Jordan almond.

Chocolate coated almond with a hard shell sugar surface.

It tasted like artisanal M&M's

Only better.
Almond Dragees at Baaji's 1 Mont Kiara Mall
 So, so, good.

Normally I buy the bottled ones, bubbled wrapped them and stashed them in my suitcase. 

A few months back, the sales person gave me a chocolate date to try (because I bought a lot of baklavas and nougats)

Chocolate Date at Baaji's 1 Mont Kiara Mall
And I was like. Ooo.

This is super! 

So this Chinese New Year, I got my family chocolate dates too.

How can something so simple, just dates coated with chocolate can taste so good?

Oh yes, they can.

Give them a visit.

The one in 1MK.

The shop is very cute, trust me. :)

Baaji's 1MK
L1-10 1 Mont Kiara Mall,
50480 Kuala Lumpur


4 comments:

The Yum List said...

I love these treats! I try to avoid these spots as my personal sugar monitor has no restrictions.

sibu food diva said...

yeah, same here too. my husband had to drag me away whenever my steps were slowing down just to look at this shop and secretly hoping to buy like let's say just a mere 100g of the almond dragees ;)

suituapui said...

Interesting stuff, looks good.

sibu food diva said...

thank you, suituapui