Sunday, July 22, 2012

Photography: Sibu Photos

I quote Andrew Zimmern:

"Please be a traveler, not a tourist.Try new things, meet new people, and look beyond what's right in front of you. Those are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in."

Every time I made a trip back to my hometown, Sibu, I see things in different perspective. I realized that I have been away from Sibu for a decade plus for now, staying in various cities around Malaysia.

Every single time. This town never fails to amaze me.

These are just some photos which I took the previous time I was back.

Still am very much fascinated by my small hometown after all these years.

Sibu Central Market, Channel Road

Antique bottle openers at an old house in Sibu, Sarawak

Crucifix in Sacred Heart Cathedral, Sibu, Sarawak

Old abandoned basket in an old house in Sibu, Sarawak


My grandma's place in Sibu, Sarawak

Mother Mary statue in Sacred Heart Cathedral, Sibu, Sarawak

Ceiling Decor at Payung Cafe, Sibu Sarawak

O Pato! Portuguese Word for Duck. Newspaper Wrapped Ducks for Sale. Only in Sibu, Sarawak

Jackson Pollock-ed Wall in Sibu



8 comments:

Simple Person said...

I am always very happy when i go back to hometown..

Ezvina said...

Food photo pls :)

The Yum List said...

Great shots. I like your grandma's gate.

sibu food diva said...

thanks, yum list :) ivynana: ok ok, upcoming post :) drafting ;) mr simple: of course lo! because your mummy cooks for you! no prize for guessing :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! You're really good!!! Catholic, are you? And from Tong Sang Road... My missus lived there before - her single days. I wonder if you know her - the father used to work as the dispenser at Dr. Wong Soon Kai's wife's clinic, Old Street...near the temple.

sibu food diva said...

thanks sui tua pui :) i may not know your missus. maybe my father and his siblings might. but i saw you in church before. to creep you out, i actually sat a few rows back from you. i attended the Sunday morning English mass. :)fret not, that was more than a decade ago. :P

Carolyn Tay said...

I always wanted to go Sibu, my cousin-in-law is from Sibu and he always tell me how wonderful it is :'(

sibu food diva said...

come! make sure there are people to show you around :) as foochow is widely spoken here, it is a bit difficult to communicate with the locals. else, is fine. is a foodie haven!